Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Post Thesis Shock Syndrome

I swore it wouldn't happen to me. I mean, how can you suddenly dive into such a low after getting the monkey off your back that's been keeping you from sleeping and eating properly for the better part of twelve months?

But happen it did. Boy, have I been nasty the last few days. It's a combination of not knowing what to do with myself, being exhausted but unable to sleep, and knowing that it isn't quite wrapped up yet because I still have to wait 2-3 months before I get the results.

There has been crying. There has been snarling. There has been anxiety and irritability to the point of crying again.

The good news is that I think I'm starting to get over the worst. People can finally start talking to me again without the chance of losing a limb (sorry babe). This has been one of the worst come-downs I have experienced ever, which just goes to show that you do not mess around with language, books and literature. That stuff make you cray-cray.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on completing it!

I would hit you up for some more novel manuscript editing - but it's all in first draft format still.

Lynne Jamneck said...

Thanks :) Well, when you're ready, I'd love to. Is this the follow-up to Tankbread?

Unknown said...

I'm finishing another zombie novel first. The sequel to Tankbread is also about half written.

Lynne Jamneck said...

He's a machine!