Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

Writing Process Blog Hop

Hoppity-hip-hop. Paul Mannering tagged me in a blog-hop about writery stuff. Here goes:

1) What are you working on? 

As per usual, several things at once. A novel and a short story, all in various stages of completion.

The novel: multi-genre: metropolis, anti-hero. More shits, less giggles.

The short story: someone might be mentally unstable. Or not. And if they are, it might save humanity.

>>Secondary objective - remaining sane<<

2) How does your work differ from others of its genre? 

There are very few explosions or chasing. People think and talk. Sometimes nothing obvious happens. I am that movie you complain about because there is no hero.

3) Why do you write what you do? 

It's (a little) easier to address the things I find frustrating about the world - or the things I am trying to understand - through characters and environments. You can mess with a character's head and put them in all sorts of dangerous situations. I like to think of it as couch-surfing my own psyche.

4) How does your writing process work?

There's a writing process? Some days it feels more like a thing you have to corral. Like a stubborn ox. I suppose if I had the luxury of working on fiction 8-10 hours a day I might have a process to speak of (sit down - write) but as it stands, my process essentially exists of writing things down because I can't get them out of my head. Because they're banging around in there. Like a bloody stubborn ox.

No comments: